Header

Header

Monday, January 19, 2009

Mathilda, Ghana, Stephanie

I found out yesterday that little Mathilda is being adopted...by the Terry family! WOW! What an amazing family they are! I have read their blog a bit in the past, and find myself returning to read it often. They look, from their pictures, like a FUN family, and from their blog like a close-knit family. They are so devoted to helping others, especially the children of Africa. I am glad Mathilda and her brother, Princeton, are going to such a sweet and fun family (not that my opinion matters much, but I did love little Mathilda, in my own way). I thought of deleting my last blog entry about her, thinking it may be weird if some day her family comes across my blog and sees that post. Maybe they would be mad that someone else wanted to adopt their little girl. Then, I realized that if it were me, I would be greatful that so many people love my little girl! We found out about the other family who wanted to adopt BeQin, and they have adopted another little girl who is one of BeQin's friends. We were SO GLAD and THANKFUL that that other family DID NOT adopt BeQin, and that we did (we simply got our paperwork in first, so we "got" her!!), but we have never resented that family, or been upset that they loved BeQin, too! So, I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE that if they Terry's ever do see this blog, they will feel the same way! Glad so many people also love their children! I know Lois loves Mathilda and Princeton, too! How do I know that? Because LOIS LOVES EVERYONE! :D

Stephanie must be in Ghana now, and I am sure has been for many, many hours. I wonder how it is? I wonder if she loves it there? I wonder if she even has noticed she is in Ghana, or if all she notices is that she is with Samuel and Godfrid! HA HA! I bet she is just loving on them SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! I wonder if she has internet, and how soon it will be before anyone hears from her! I am so longing to hear all about it, to see pictures, hear stories, to see her with her boys...okay, okay...the truth is, I will be THE LAST person to hear ANYTHING, and even then it will only be if she is well and maybe one other tid-bit. I am not a close friend, I am not family...I am not even an "adopting Mom", but I still thirst to hear everything.

Taiger and I are getting so anxious to leave for Ghana!!!!!!!!!!!! I think about it ALL the time! It feels like when I was preparing to go to China...how I couldn't get it off my mind! Now that we have decided to go, I just want to GO! To be there NOW! I can't wait another day!

No comments: