Header

Header

Saturday, April 23, 2011



Today, Christ's body lay in a tomb.




I thought a lot about what "today" must have been like. How did the people feel? Mary, his Disciples, all those who loved Him.




I also thought about myself. Christ's Spirit dwells in all of us. In me. But I am like that tomb? Do I hold in my heart a shallow image of Christ that I hope will be enough? Or is His SPIRIT in me as well? When I pray in Jesus' name, do I do so with shallow words and rushed intent? Or is Christ ALIVE in me? When I try and tune in to His Spirit in me, should an angle be asking ME, "Why seekest thou the living among the dead?"





Tomorrow morning marks the resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. He overcame the grave. He lives! He lives, as surely as you and I.

Does He live IN me, too? As I celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, I commit anew to allowing Him to come to life in my heart.






No comments: