Header

Header

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cornrows

Did you think I might never post again? We have been very busy with our little lives. BUT...the NEWEST news? Here it goes. I was getting pretty SICK of Little Man's hair. I LOVE it when it is the first day washed and blow dried. OH THOSE CURLS! They are so beautiful...er, HANDSOME. HOWEVER...after one night sleeping on that hair, the back gets all matted and frizzy. Soon, the rest of the hair follows suite, and before long he looks like no one loves him enough to make him look nice. I adore his long hair! But I HATE THE MATTED LOOK! YUCKY! I have tried single twists. I have tried double twists. I have tried bantu knots. I have even tried yarn extensions (poor kid...and anyone who saw him). I have tried EVERYTHING...except cornrows. I. HATE. CORNROWS!!!!!!!!! Well, I finally broke down. I brought coconut oil, gel, a spray bottle, two different combs, a towel and my messy-hair son all to work with me the other day. I sat him down and started combing. When all the knots and tangles were out... I put his hair in cornrows. Yep. Cornrows. I had planned on it taking several hours (the single and double twists each took about 5 hours to do...the bantu knots took about 3 hours to do, and the yarn extensions were about 7 hours). We turned on Tang*led (fitting, I know) when we started the combing, and it was all done about the time the movie ended. INCREDIBLE! And guess what? I LOVE THEM! Even better? Little T loves them, too!!!!!! It is so nice to be able to see his cute little face! :) My phone is lost (go figure. Anyone surprised? Anyone? No? No, me either.) so I can't take pictures, but I will post some as SOON as I borrow someone's phone/camera. :) P.S. I put nice paragraph spaces in this and when I published it, they all went away! So, I reentered the paragraph spacing, and when I published it, they went away AGAIN! So, please forgive me for one, long paragraph. AND...any suggestions on how to make blogger stop being stupid? Thank you.

3 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

I can't wait to see a pic! How cute! BTW, if you take pictures on your phone be sure you are not at a location you wouldn't want traced back to you by a stranger like your house. It can be done with phone pix posted on the internet. I'll see if I still have the article and foward it to you. Scary right! Love ya!

B-Blogit said...

yes i am looking forward to pictures too. Not sure why but blogger does have issues sometimes

megan said...

sounds super cute... can't wait for those photos!