Header

Header

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Week Continued

My friend, Megan, said the link I posted yesterday isn't working, so I am going to repost it here. If it works OR if it DOESN'T work PLEASE LET ME KNOW! :) http://lds.org/liahona/2011/04/easter-week?lang=eng&query=Easter+story

Last night for Family Home Evening I was going to just cover Saturday-Monday of what Jesus was doing during the week leading up to Easter Sunday. However, everyone was having so much fun, we went on and covered the entire week! I wish I had a digital camera so I could show you pictures! Everyone dressed up, we had props and everything, and we acted out the week. It was so FUN, and it was insightful to see a day-by-day play of what was happening and what Jesus was doing. I have a hat a friend gave me from Afghanistan and I decided to be very culturally diverse and use it as part of a costume for the blind man at the Temple who Jesus healed. Well, Taiger insisted on being that blind man. How did he act out being blind? He pulled the hat down over his eyes. :) When Bryndon-Playing-Jesus healed him, he needed only pull the hat up onto his forehead and off his eyes. :)

Taiger had helped cut out the palm fonds for Grandpa-As-The-Multitude-In-Jerusalem to lay at Jesus' feet, and he colored the picture of The Temple that we set up to show that the couch was the Temple. It was a very interactive Family Home Evening, and it was REALLY fun! Oh, and after the closing hymn, Grandpa INSISTED we sing, "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" as a SECOND closing hymn. :) It WAS an Easter FHE, after all. :)

If you do anything fun to help your family learn about Easter, please post it here as a comment! I would LOVE to know what fun things YOU do! :)

1 comment:

***megan*** said...

the link works!!!
i love how you guys acted out the Easter story... what a fun way to remember the importance of this holiday.