Header

Header

Monday, April 25, 2011

This is a painting of Jesus with the Nephites, the people living on the American continent, after His Resurrection.




DON'T FORGET!






Easter may be over, but that is not the end of the celebration!






Don't forget that after Christ had left His followers in the Old World, He appeared to the Nephites here in America! (This is what our Family Home Evening lesson was tonight!)






One of my favourite Scripture stories comes from this time, when Christ is with the people on the American continents.






Read chapter 8-30 from the Book of 3 Nephi. Here is a link to chapter 8 to get you started. :) When you get to the bottom, click the "NEXT" button to continue reading. I feel The Spirit so strong during this story, and then just WAIT until you hear what happens in chapter 17! Oh my, this story is SO GOOD! Seriously, this whole story is just...overflowing! I feel so full of The Spirit when I read it. I can't help but cry each time I read this story. Whether you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or not, I really, really, really, really, REALLY (really) encourage (BEG!) you to read this story. It is right here online, so you don't have to get up and go dig your Book Of Mormon out of your church bag, or ask your "Mormon Friend" (come on, we ALL have ONE) to borrow their Book Of Mormon. Just take a few minuets, read this story, and let your heart be changed. Let it fill with The Spirit. Let The Spirit TESTIFY to you of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And let YOUR spirit be filled and fed with His goodness and peace. Just feel peace in this story.






I bear testimony that Christ IS RISEN! That He lived, and that He still lives! I bear testimony that He visited the people on the American Continents. They felt the wounds in His hands, His feet, the spear wound in His side.






PLEASE read this story! It is so beautiful! :)






Okay, here are the songs we sang for Family Home Evening. Both songs tell about this Scripture story from 3 Nephi. Our opening hymn was from the LDS Children's Songbook, "Easter Hosanna". LOVE this song! (I could only find the version from the Children's Songbook with a child singing. Not the best, but sweet, and the words are the same...and I LOVE this song...did I mention that??!!) Our closing hymn was, "He Came For Me" by Hilary Weeks. Youtube didn't have HER version, and the video was a little...eh. But the words are the same! (AND...I love this song, too. Hee hee!)

No comments: