Header

Header

Thursday, April 14, 2011

News and Cornrow Update

Freezing cold. In a motel. In Boise. Kids swam for SEVEN HOURS at the motel pool. My shoes and pants were SOAKED from the first joyful splash to the last cannonball. We are glad to be in Boise visiting cousins. HAPPY DAY! Okay, so I took out Taiger's cornrows. They were not working for me. :) I tried puting some new cornrows in...and I decided they were not working for me either. So, after about two and a half hours of working on them, I took half out and sort of...restructured things. :) The 'rows he has now are pretty fantastic! I was planning on leaving them in for 5-7 days. So, before leaving for Boise, I planned ahead! (GO ME, right?!) I made a special spray in a spray bottle. A combination of water (BRILLIANT!) and coconut oil. I sprayed his hair and put his head wrap on him to sleep. I also had him wear it in the car on the way to Boise. Tonight, while he was swimming, I decided spraying with the Coco-Water Magical Solution (great name, I know) might help protect his hair while swimming. I went to the room, opened my suitcase...and tore it apart looking for the missing spray bottle! I LEFT IT HOME! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I had him shower before bed to get the chlorine off him and out of his hair. He smothered himself in lotion (I was going to spray the Coco-Water Magical Solution on his body, too). :( And his hair is surely dry and frizzy tonight. SIGH. So, I guess when we get home we will be redoing the cornrows....AGAIN. SIGH. The GOOD NEWS is, Brytt is here with her camera and took pictures of his sweet 'do, so I will post them as soon as I get them from her. She also took pictures of me fixing his hair, so you can see the process. :) OH! And you will LOOOOOVE these cornrows because, GUESS WHAT?! They have beads! Yes, on the ends! How fun is THAT?! They are black and blue, so they look "boy-ish", don't worry. ;) Pictures soon, I promise!

1 comment:

***megan*** said...

it keeps deleting my comment!!! so, short note - i'm excited to see photos of his cute hair. maybe you should market your fancy coconut oil and water mixture :)