Header

Header

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adventures In Haircare. Cornrows AGAIN!

A quick update on our "Adventures in Haircare". His hair had been really hurt while we were in SLC. I had left his coconut oil home, he went swimming and had chlorine in his hair, AND I didn't make him wear his hair protector to bed. Needless to say, his cornrows were a bit of a wreck. SO...out they came. Yesterday morning I washed and conditioned (the heck out of) his hair. His curls were PHENOMENAL! I wish I had a picture...darn camera thieves! :) Last night, after FHE, I started re-cornrowing. My Dad asked me last night, "Why do you keep twisting them and taking them out?" I said, "Because they had started falling out...and because I am not so good at doing them so they don't look as good and they don't stay in long." My Dad smiled. :) I told him OTHER moms write blogs with the same problem...it takes a few times to get good at it. :) Anyway, this time doing his cornrows I tried braiding instead of twisting. It was SO HARD! And it took SO LONG! Putting beads in the end also takes a LOT of extra time. I worked on his 'rows until after 10:00 last night!!...and they still weren't done! So, I woke up this morning and finished them.

THEY. LOOK. AMAZING!!!!!

I am pleased to say, this is the best try yet. They aren't perfect, but they are so much better!! I hope I can get some pictures to post tomorrow. STAY TUNED!! :)

1 comment:

***megan*** said...

i'm glad that you are happy with the outcome, even if it took an awfully long time... can't wait to see you guys!