Header

Header

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yarn Extensions

So, I tried something new with Taiger's hair. Again, I was inspired by others in the yahoo groups and blogging world with black children. I kept hearing about yarn braids, but I kept thinking to myself, "No way is it yarn as in YARN yarn. They are just called that." But in my mind, I kept thinking, "Wow! Could that REALLY be yarn?!" I was too embarrassed to ask if it was real yarn because it sounds so ridiculous. So...I turned to my answer provider now that askjeeves is not my favourite...youtube! I youtubed yarn braids and sure enough! There in the video of a Mom adding extensions to her daughters hair was a skein of YARN!

So, yesterday I went to the craft store and bought black yarn and started doing extensions in Taiger's hair. Let me know what you guys think. I have had mixed responses. Some people like them, some people HATE them...some people hated them at first but now like them...I am still on the fence. I think they are DANG cute...BUT i worry people will think I am trying to turn him into some kind of "gangster", or something.

What do you all think, eh?


2 comments:

the shiz of RandB said...

They turned out so well!! I love them!! You are such a fun mom. LOVE YOU!

Megan and Vinny said...

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!