Header

Header

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedding and Hair Update

So, Monday my little brother got married! I know, right?! It was just a small reception with family, and it was BEAUTIFUL!

Little T was the Best Man. And oh! was he so. dang. cute! He took his job VERY seriously!! As SOON as T woke up in the morning, he reminded B. to NOT FORGET THE RING! Taiger kept asking Bryndon how he could help him. T even wore "boy perfume" (cologne!)! The best part was when Taiger stood up on his little chair at the luncheon, tapped his cup with his fork, and gave a "speech" to the new couple, complete with thanking everyone for being there, and welcoming April to our family. Darling. (He wouldn't let any of us help him prepare what to say before hand. He insisted that he knew just what he wanted to say.)

I know everyone wants to know how I ended up fixing his hair for the big day. Well, the night before I took a risk and COMBED out his hair before puting it in ponytails for bed, rather than just using my fingers to work out the tangles. It didn't hurt him (YAY!), so that means that the routine is keeping tangles under control AND starting to add the moisture he needs! Well, the risk of combing it proved to be a minor mistake. The next day, his hair wasn't so "coily" with long, curly locks as it was "poofy" with less defined curls. :( I didn't make an issue of it, or try and "fix" it though (don't sweat the small stuff!). Although his hair wasn't JUST how I wanted it, it DID look SOO cute! Taiger looked so handsome standing up in the front next to Bryndon.

Last night, T fell asleep without doing his nightly hair routine, and today I could tell! His hair was more matted, had less shape, and was quite dry. :( I decided to do his hair in cornrows today. He has a t-ball game tomorrow and at his last game his hat wouldn't stay on over his afro. I am hoping the cornrows allow for his hat to fit better on his head. Well, thanks to missing the hair treatment last night, his hair was SO DRY and tangled today! So, cornrowing was a tearful experience. I was trying to hurry, so didn't put in as much coconut oil as I had wanted to to replenish the moisture lost over night. I only did 5 cornrows because I was in a hurry, AND T was crying and it really was hurting...his hair was just SO DRY and tangled! :( Anyway, he came to work with me today and right across the street is a park...with sand. I HATE sand parks! (I LOOOOVE the ones with the rubber!!) Whenever T comes home from that park, his hair is SO FULL of sand! To avoid him bringing most of the sand home in his hair, I made him wear a bandana today (he was NOT happy) over his cornrows. We will see if that helps keep the sand out.

So, that's a bit of a hair update for Taiger. Lesson learned? DON'T COMB OUT HAIR unless you want to have more of a puffy afro rather than coils. We will see if the bandana helps with keeping sand out of his hair, too, and I will let you all know. :) OH! I will post pictures of the wedding soon (I hope!). :)

1 comment:

***megan*** said...

taiger is so amazing! i love that he knew just what to say in his speech... what an awesome kid.

also, if the bandana doesn't work we just bought vinny a "buff" like from survivor. we bought it at rei, but you can probably get them at most outdoor/camping stores. they can go on your head in many different ways. vin wears a bandana a lot, but he likes this better. just an idea :)