Header

Header

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tavaci Teacher, Breclyn!!

BEST NEWS EVER! I am going to be the instructor for Tavaci in Shelley!!!! YEEEHAW! (did I really just say, "yeehaw"? Hmmm. )

So, what is Tavaci anyway? It is a music and performing group for students, preschool to sixth grade. I used to be in it when I was younger. (Much younger ;))

Something REALLY COOL? We are doing a THREE DAY, FREE summer clinic! I know, right?! FREE!!!!! To register, go here. It will be August 15, 16 and 17. I know it is right before school starts, but it will totally be worth it! Your kids will have a BLAST, AND they will get to do a performance when the clinic is over! You can register at tavacishelley.blogspot.com.

Friends in the Idaho Falls area: Remember Harmony Kids? Maybe you were in it, or you knew someone who was. Anyway, Harmony Kids is the name of the Tavaci group in Idaho Falls! So, what I am teaching is basically Harmony Kids, only in Shelley...with ME instead of Terri Lent! Fun, right?! I KNOW!

So, some of you who don't know me so well, might be reading this and wondering, "Why would I trust this crazy lady to teach my child music?" You can read below for a very unprofessional description of why I qualify to teach your little musical munchkins :).

Okay, so go register for the FREE CLINIC, start singing those scales, and come have singing time with ME in Shelley! We are going to have LOTS of FUUUUN! :)

What qualifies me to be a Tavaci teacher?

I have taken private vocal lessons since I was eight years old. I have studied opera under one of the best teachers in the world (literally), Rebecca Shupe. I have been in plays and performances both in America and China. I performed the part of "Cosette" from Les Miserables with the Colorado Mormon Choral. I have studied violin and piano, and have taught violin, piano and singing. I was in Saturday's Children for three years and Harmony Kids for four years. I was assistant director one year for Harmony Kids. I was the president of the Women's Choir at Idaho State University.

Those are my "musical" and "performing" qualifications. What makes me qualified to teach anything to kids? Well, like I said, I have taught music. Aside from that, I ran a preschool and daycare, I ran a private school for students ages 3-10. I spent two years teaching English in China. I was a substitute in the Shelley School District. I taught Chinese to adopted children and their parents. Oh, and I'm a Mom ;) :P.

3 comments:

Bryttan said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Sign me up for the next war! I want to teach here! Let me know how it goes, and then put in a good word for me :) I am so excited for you! This will be so spectacular. The kids are going to LOVE having you as a singing/performing teacher. Seriously. Let me know everything!! Love you!

***megan*** said...

i agree with bryttan that this will be spectacular!!! those little ones will be so lucky to have you as their teacher... you are such a natural with kids and music is just in your blood. congratulations on the new job and i am sooo happy for you!

Shannon Dooley said...

I do believe you forgot to mention your dear friend Shannon who took you to your first Harmony Kids class! I should get some sort of royalties! HAHA! JK! This is too funny but SOOOO awesome! I remember my Mom telling me once that I should get some kind of prize for getting the top two singers (You & Erica Smith) to enroll in Harmony Kids. Now look at you. Moving up from greatest HK singer ever to instructor! I love it! For those of you unfamiliar with the whole experience it is a blast! I am by no means musically gifted but there was nothing I looked forward to more than this class each week. It builds so much confidence & is soooo fun! And you Miss Breclyn, could not be a better fit as the new teacher!!! You have the ability & personality to do such amazing things with these kids. Chandler's attention span needs to mature another year or two (he could care less about anything that does not involve power rangers) but then I can't wait to enroll him! Love you oodles! Wow this is long! Just so excited! Oh and btw, I have another friend from Shelley you says "Yee Haw" all the time, lol.