Header

Header

Saturday, June 25, 2011

NEW HAIR PRODUCTS!

SOooooo, I went to Salt Lake this week, and I was SO EXCITED to get to go to WHOLE FOODS market! I had done lots of research and taken notes and considered and reconsidered, and it was time to sell my soul and use all my life savings, and get Taiger some real hair products. I can't tell you how excited I was! This is what I got:

Everyday Shea brand shampoo. Doesn't it just SCREAM moisture?


Beautiful Curls brand spray leave-in conditioner. (This is the only picture I could find online...sorry for all the other products in the picture!) It says it refreshes the hair's curl pattern! FANTASTIC!



I had heard about this from a different blog. I ALMOST didn't buy it. I actually put it back on the shelf, and picked it up, and put it back, and picked it up several times before finally deciding to get it. The ONLY reason I hesitated was the price, and thinking I could "just get by with something else". Finally, I realized, "DUH! The conditioner is where most moisture will be replaced at washing time, so this is possibly THE MOST IMPORTANT hair product! " And, I sucked it up, crossed the "t" on me soul-selling signature, and put it in my basket.







This picture is MUCH larger than the actual jar, and I am not exaggerating. This tiny little bottle was a pretty penny, too, but I had decided that without a doubt I was going to get Shea butter. When I saw they had this brand, I was so excited, as I had read great reviews on it. I had no clue it would be so pricey, though. :( Anyway, they didn't have any of the PURE Shea butter in stock, so I ended up with the Shea butter that had some essential oil mixed in.










The first time I bought coconut oil for Taiger, it was eleven dollars, and the coconut aroma was very strong. I LOVED the oil, but I did NOT love the price, OR the very strong scent. On skin, the smell is fine, but in Taiger's hair, it gets dirty between washings (as it would in anyone's hair!) and smells bad. Well, I found another coconut oil that is good, but it was only ten dollars at the grocery. Well, when I was at WF, I found this one for just over eight dollars! I was so excited. When I opened it, I loved the texture even better than the other brands, BUT...it has such a strong scent. I love the smell of coconut, but it makes T's hair smell yucky! So, I will use this on his skin (AND MINE...have I told you I have started using coconut oil rather than lotion on my face?) and get a jar of the other kind for his hair.




SO... we used all of the products last night (it was Friday, and, therefore, Take-Out-Cornrows-And-Wash-Hair day). So far, I LOVE them. But I will write a full review after we have tried them each a few times. But I will say this: I WAS IN LOOOOOVE with Taiger's soft, wonderful curls last night after washing his hair! :)









1 comment:

Megan and Vinny said...

wow... so much research!!! you are amazing and taiger is lucky to have a mama who keeps his hair so nice.