Header

Header

Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 2!!

So, I have to start by saying, our plan all along had been to go camping. I had brought camping clothes (holy jeans, flannel shirts, etc.). I knew we would be going to a show later in the week after we came home, though, so I brought a couple outfits to wear once we returned to Salt Lake, and to wear to the show.

Well, on my drive to Utah, I called Mr. J and he said something about Las Vegas. Well, _I_ said, "We should go!" And we decided we would do that! ... Or, we KIND of decided. Truth is, we didn't know what we would end up doing until we did it! So, I brought camping clothes AND Vegas clothes! HA HA HA! And Jesse never, ever said a single word about how much I packed.

Now THAT is true love.

And the fact he was okay without having a "plan" and his total spontaneity was precisely my cup of tea. ;)










DAY 2

After camping all night in Fillmore near the hot springs, I woke up WARM and I was SOOO HAPPY! The sun was shining and the birds were singing. We walked down to the hot springs and went for a swim (or should I say, soak? I hardly swam at all...just sat and enjoyed the warm water, the sunshine, and the beautiful view).





After we got out, we went back to the car and started the long drive south.

Mr. J had to study, so I drove while he dove in to his books.

Mr. J really took his exam on Monday SERIOUSLY! He studied...

...and studied...
(...I tried to stay awake driving so he could study...)
...and STUDIED!
( If he didn't ace that test Monday, I don't know why!
It certainly wasn't for lack of studying!)


Finally, we arrived...AT ZIONS!!!!!!!

We had decided we would stop there and hike!

I will not go in to details here (those WILL come another day...TRUST me. I have a LOT to say about THAT!).

But we hiked ANGEL'S LANDING.

I kid you not.

And it was amazing.


And part of it was even enjoyable!



And it was kinda hard.


At the end of the hike, when there were STEPS to climb, I was so mad at Mr. J! After reaching the top, I wouldn't even TALK to him for a few minutes, and didn't really forgive him until we were on our way back down some time later. I was NOT pleased.


BUT, I woke up the next morning ready to hike it again. :) ;) For a girl who HATES hiking....I surely enjoyed it! :D






After what felt like hours but was actually a lifetime (yes, I meant what I just said) WE FINALLY MADE IT TO THE TOP! PHEW! I DIDN'T DIE!!!!!!







At the top of the mountain, we sat and ate a few snacks we had brought along...gummies, jerky, granola bars and crackers. There were these darling little chipmunks up there running around the rocks. As SOON as we broke out the granola bars, those little guys were begging! They became more and more bold in approaching us, and by the time I was eating a peanut butter cracker, I had made a new best friend. Check out THIS video! Is that CUTE, or what?!



So, after we had taken in as much of the spectacular view as our human eyes and minds could absorb, we headed down the mountain.

Once down, we decided to really splurge and eat out at the lodge. The food was SO GOOD (or we were just really hungry...?).

By the time dinner was over, it was about 10:30pm and I was falling asleep at the table! We had seen some camp sites in the way in to the park and decided to hunker down there for the night...only when we got to the campground there were no open sites!

Except one.

That you had to hike back to.

Well, needless to say, we ditched THAT idea.

I was too tired to drive, so Mr. J took the wheel and we headed to Cedar City.

I slept the entire way there! I felt like I had been drugged, or something! I was BEAT!

We arrived in Cedar City and drove around looking for a place to camp. After a long time of looking, we headed off down a highway type road and ended up turning in to a construction zone. PERFECT! I was so worn out, I stayed in the car and let Mr. J put the tent up alone (wasn't that kind of me?!). Once I was in the tent, I was out like a LIGHT!

Thus ends day 2. You will laugh SO HARD at the sight that met my eyes upon leaving the tent the next morning! Stay tuned! :D :D

No comments: