Header

Header

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Long and Short of It

So, on Friday, Taiger and I took the big step. We borrowed Jeremy's brother's hair clippers...and we cut Taiger's hair! And I mean SHORT! I think he looks SO MUCH BETTER...even though I did love the long hair ;)! His features are more pronounced, and it is easier to see his twinkling eyes and you can really tell how big his smile is!! More importantly, I know HE FEELS BETTER, which means more than anything! His head used to get SO HOT when his hair was longer. He used to cry each day when I combed it, and he would BEG me not to comb it! He HATED washing it, and I would have to scrub and scrub to get through those thick curls. Now, washing it is quick and easy, it is MUCH cooler, AND we don't have to come near it with a comb (or pick, or brush, or detangler, or a water squirt bottle...or any other hair-care implement!). I didn't PLAN to cut it so short, but I am glad the clippers weren't working properly and it ended up so short. It is really cute, I think, and SO NICE!
Before...

During...


After his haircut, I stuck him in the bath to rinse off all the hair clippings. However, Taiger was only in a few minuets before the bath water was full of the prickly stubble, so I emptied the tub and we tried the shower. Taiger had never taken a shower alone before, and I wasn't sure he would even try it, but with some minor persuasions, he decided to give it a go. (Taiger: "Showers are for GIRLS!" His two year old rational had lead him to believe he takes baths because he is a boy, and Mommy takes showers because she is a girl....The only plausible explanation, clearly!! Me: "Uncle Bryndon takes showers!" Jeremy: "I take showers every day!" Taiger becomes a member of the showering population.) In the end, he LOVED the shower and I had to practically drag him out by his slippery little toes.


After!
In the shower after his haircut

Slippery Toes!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

He looks adorable with his hair cut! I love it!

Megan and Vinny said...

too cute!!!