Header

Header

Monday, February 2, 2009

WAITING TO ADOPT! And Taiger Loves To Pretend!!

I KNOW I am supposed to adopt. I just KNOW it. However, WHEN is another issue all together. I know I can't adopt right now...but I HATE the waiting!! Other parents on the group at least know for what they are waiting...for a home study, for their referral, for their I-600 A approval, for a court date, for a travel date, for their child to come home...I know the process...I know for what they are all waiting. But what is it that I must wait for?? To be healthy? To be rich? To be married (that could be forever!)? I suppose that is the most difficult part. To not know why I must wait when I long to adopt. It is also hard because I want Taiger to have siblings, and I don't want them to be too far apart in age. Yet I know right now isn't the right time. However, I don't know if it is just not to happen now, as in THIS SECOND, or now, as in for the next year, or few years! Maybe "my" child isn't ready yet, and I just must wait until he/she is ready! It could happen tomorrow, or it could be months. I keep my eyes open, though, looking for a face that looks "familiar" to me...then I will know it is time to adopt.

Okay, okay...enough of my complaining! HA HA! You know, despite the fact I can't adopt right now, I feel really, really blessed! I have my little Taiger boy...I am so blessed and lucky to have him! I love him SO MUCH! There are so many couples out there unable to have children, and who cannot adopt, and I just feel so blessed to have my Taiger boy. He is so sweet and cute and I love him so much! I love it when he says, "Mommy? I love you!"

Tonight, Taiger was playing "baby". It went on for so long! But I loved it! He reminds me of myself when I was little...full of imagination! He LOVES to pretend and play make-believe.

1 comment:

Calmil2 said...

It is so hard to wait isn't it??? But it is so great to "KNOW" that adoption is what you want and will do in the future. I hear all the time, "Oh, I always thought about doing that." I too am "waiting" but I find peace in Knowing that it will happen :) Harmony