Header

Header

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was a happy day! Taiger gave NaiNai potted tulips and a small balloon that he picked out for himself but then wanted to give NaiNai...so sweet! That night, I went to dinner with Jeremy, and sweet little Taiger helped me get ready. It was so heart warming and endearing to have him helping me. SO CUTE! When I came home, I went into my bedroom, and our bedroom was decorated!! Earlier in the day, while I was at work, Jeremy had covered my bed AND Taiger's bed in fake rose petals. He had left chocolates, a rose and a stuffed dog on my bed, along with a cool collage of pictures of Taiger, Jeremy and me! On Taiger's bed, he had left a Pirates of The Caribbean PEZ dispenser, a box of pirate chocolates and a baseball tin with a giant cookie inside. Taiger was so excited! I could not believe it!!!! A while later, there was a knock at the door and outside was a HUGE balloon, a CUTE teddy bear and a BIG boquet of GORGOUS flowers! There was no card, so we didn't know who left them, nor did we know for whom they were! Bryttan claimed them, and we all let her. The flowers are sitting on the piano now, so we all can enjoy them anyway. The balloon is floating around the house. But the BEAR she will no share! :D She LOVES it and sleeps with it. I HAVE to just SHOUT at the top of my lungs, "THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!" to whoever left that fun Valentine! What a wonderful surprise! It was so nice of whoever left it!!!!

Yesterday, I went to the store after work and bought Taiger some Valentine's gifts and today Cupid came. (As always, we celebrated the gift giving part late, as I do on all holidays, so I can buy things on sale.) From Cupid, he got a heart shaped balloon, a stuffed lion, some Valentine's that had come with posters (I bought boxes of Valentines and gave the posters and one sheet of each kind of Valentine to Taiger...the rest we will send to my nephews and nieces who don't have much), a bag of suckers and a little box of Charlie Brown chocolates. Growing up, we always got a book on Valentine's Day, so I also gave Taiger TWO books, which I had picked up on sale MONTHS ago: Are You My Mother, and a lift-the-flap book of Bible stories. He has spent ALL MORNING looking at his little Valentine cards and his books. He didn't like the lion because it was pink ;)! Silly boy!
Taiger helping Mommy get ready
Jeremy and I out to dinner
My bed!!


Bryttan with her Valentine's gifts from our secret admirer

No comments: