Header

Header

Friday, July 29, 2011

Yellowstone

So, you know how some people crave things like chocolate? Some people even get a hankering for a certain song that they just HAVE to hear. Me? I have some pretty strange cravings...One of which is a craving for nature.

So, I have been craving, CRAVING nature. Not just "outside". (Truth is, I don't love to be outside...it's hot, there are bugs, there are dogs, there are dogs...oh, I said that...well, that is what I hate the most about outside). But NATURE! The ocean. The mountains. The forest. That's what I crave.




So, to get my "fix", we went to Yellowstone. A perfect place for me to get some wild. :) My mom (who I love so much and whose company I love) came with Taiger and I and we had such a fun, relaxing time! It was wonderful!








































We saw some elk...







One buffalo...




And TWO grizzly bears! (Here is the back side of one...great picture, right? Right?)









I even got a VIDEO of one of the bears! Not a bad video, considering we were being pursued by the forest ranger (who, I will admit, was doing nothing more than trying to protect the crazy tourists who were trying to get pictures of the bear....SOME getting annoyingly close to the big grizzly. I had a good zoom, so could stand at a safe distance and still get a good shot.)














We spent time relaxing at the Old Faithful Inn (THE BEST, most relaxing place!!)










Playing games...








Looking at the haunted rooms...








(Don't we look SCARED?!)






and watching Old Faithful. (If you look REAAAAALY close off to the left of the spray, you can see a rainbow! Lovely!)



It was fun, relaxing, and WONDERFUL!

1 comment:

B-Blogit said...

what wonderful memories and pictures! That looks so fun!