Header

Header

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter (said in my BEST British accent)

"YAAAAaaaaauuuuuuhhhhhhhggggggg...."


Did you catch that?

That is what I said a few months ago. I threw my arms up into the air and jumped up and excitedly shouted...and then sat down and ended with a pathetic sort of groan.


Why? I had just seen the first trailer for the NEW Harry Potter movie! I was SO EXCITED when it ended with the release date...JULY 15! MY BIRTHDAY! That was where I shouted. And then I ended with a groan (not intentional, mind you, and all those in the room laughed at the strange turn of excitement) as I realized mid shout that I was SHOUTING with EXCITEMENT that Harry Potter was coming out on my thirtieth birthday.


Let me repeat that. I was EXCITED. That HARRY POTTER was coming out on my (THIRTIETH) BIRTHDAY.

How pathetic am I??

I realized at that joyful-painful moment, that I am VERY pathetic.

But I am still going to opening night tonight. :) Happy Birthday to ME (who will be dressed as Harmione Granger, to be sure.)!



This is me dressed as Harmione in 2009 on my way to see HP and the Half Blood Prince. No, I didn't go opening (I have NEVER been to an opening night of HP!!), but I still dressed up once I DID get to go see the movie! Hee hee. People thought I was nuts-o. Unfortunately, life has scrambled and changed and turned and twisted and I have no idea where my super-rad, home-put-together Harmione digs are, so I think tonight I will look like Harmione when she is NOT "at school" and is wearing her every-day attire. BUT...I have my hair braided today so when I take it out it will be all "Old School Harmione"...you know, poofy everywhere. :)





Yes, I did have a wand, too. (A chopstick made black with Sharp*ie marker. Classy.)

1 comment:

Shannon Dooley said...

Um, no you are not pathetic! Harry Potter rocks! (Or maybe we're both pathetic?!) Either way you looked adorable! Happy belated Birthday! I had it on my calendar and then forgot to send you a Bday text. I apologize. I promise I didn't forget your day, I just forgot to wish you a happy one! Loves