Header

Header

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Did you all have a good Mother's Day?  I did!

Yesterday, Mr. J, Taiger and I went to Yellowstone!  It was absolutely fantastic.  As I am sure you ALL know, I love Yellowstone!  Going for an early Mother's Day was such a wonderful gift from Mr. J.

Yesterday morning, we left the house to head to Yellowstone and when I got to the car, Mr. J opened my door (as he ALWAYS does...isn't he a gentleman?  He is so wonderful. ;) ) and there on my seat was a Mother's Day gift and card waiting for me!!  It was so, so thoughtful and sweet of him to think of getting me something!  To make it even better, it was a beautiful necklace from THIS company.  Remember how I think it is such a GREAT idea to give Mother's Day gifts that help others (remember THIS post?)?  Well, Mr. J did just that with this gift.  What a special present!!

Well, we drove to West Yellowstone where we stopped to have lunch.  I thought we would just drive through somewhere, but nothing can ever be dull and "common" with Mr. J!!  We found a local "mom and pop" deli and had delicious sandwiches!  Since Taiger isn't big on sandwiches (too many kinds of food all piled together.  Taiger does NOT "mix" food!!) he had the fish and chips...and a chocolate doughnut for an "appetizer" ;).   Everything was very tasty!



After lunch, we drove in to Yellowstone.  I was like a kid going to Disneyland, I love Yellowstone so much!  Taiger was just thrilled to be on a road trip and going to Yellowstone.  Mr. J had never been before and didn't quite know what to expect, I think.  He has been SO excited to go and I think he was just excited to be there!  As soon as we drove in to the park, he asked, "When will we see animals?!" Ha ha ha!  He was like a little kid, too!!!!! :)

Before long, we saw some wildlife!  Elk first, followed by buffalo.



We also saw some beautiful and amazing geysers.  We walked  around two of my favourite geyser basins.  And can I just let you know that Taiger talked THE ENTIRE TIME?!  It was like he was 4 again!  (Remember THESE days?!)  But I loved it :)





Unfortunately, the Old Faithful lodge was closed.  I was pretty disappointed about that.  It is one of my favourite places in the world.  (That lodge and I go WAAAAY back ;) )  Anyway, we went to the Old Faithful visitor's center since the lodge was closed.  They have redone it and it was really interesting and FUN!  Taiger used his own money to buy a pin for his pin collection.  It had the image of Old Faithful erupting.  Outside, Taiger found a little chipmunk running in and out from under the boardwalk. He was down in the dirt looking for it under the boardwalk right away!






Then, we watched Old Faithful erupt. It was beautiful, as usual.
As it was erupting, Taiger pulled out his pin and exclaimed excitedly that it really did look just like that in real life!   Later, Mr. J told me watching Old Faithful was his favourite part of the trip.  It really was beautiful.



Then, it was getting dark and it was time to go.  We left at dusk, so saw a lot of wildlife on the way home.  The buffalo were out and moving to bed down for the night.  We even saw a few baby buffalo!  So cute. :)






When we got back to Shelley, we dropped Taiger off and ran to Idaho Falls to go out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  It was good as ever!  I have not been there in AGES, and I had been craving it. It was a great Mother's Day dinner...again, from Mr. J.

Today, we all went to church, Mr. J included.  It was a nice meeting and Taiger bore his testimony.  (That is when anyone in the congregation can go to the pulpit and testify their beliefs or faith in God and Jesus Christ.)  Now, you would think this would be a sweet Mother's Day gift: hearing my son share his faith in God.  And it WAS a nice gift...until the said the unthinkable.  My jaw hit the floor, and I am pretty sure Mr. J's was down there by mine.  What did Taiger include?  Among his protestations of faith in God, he suddenly proclaimed, "I believe I will get a brother or a sister."  Needless to say, the rest of the day people were askin-g if I had an announcement.  The only time I have ever brought a guy to church and Taiger made this fantastic little announcement!!!!!!  SIGH.  Where was a Twix when I needed on?!  HA!

Taiger gave me a lovely gift when we came home today.  The best part, of course, was the card.  I will post pictures at a later time, I am sure. :)

Well, all good things must come to an end and Mr. J had to leave to return to Utah late this afternoon.

So, my Mother's Day was a two day celebration and absolutely fantastic.  I got to spend it with my two favourite people: my son and my boyfriend.  What more could I ever ask for?

What about you?  What did YOU do for Mother's Day?  Did you get any special or very meaningful gifts?

1 comment:

Bryttan said...

Oh my gosh that is way too funny. You best not have another one on the way right now!! LOL. What a thoughtful gift for Jesse to give you, that is so perfectly sweet! You guys are adorable. I'm glad you had such a wonderful mothers day. You deserved it. Love you!