Header

Header

Sunday, February 6, 2011

World's Worst Mom, round two

Last night, I went through the drama of washing and detangling Taiger's hair. I conditioneds it, I applied coconut oil, I spent 30 mins blowdrying it, so we could get to churh today looking good and on time. I covered him in coconut oil so he would look his best for church. I stayed up late to work on my paper so I could sacrifice the time today for church without getting behind on the homework. This morning, I woke up early, showered (I know, right?!), blowdried and fixed my hair (and undertanking, let me assure you!). I dug our clothes out of our suitcase (yes, I even planned ahead and washed and packed our Church clothes for the trip, even remembering church shoes!). I ironed and layed out our church clothes. I made sure we both had our breakfast. I got dressed, even remembering my flower pin for my sweater. I was all ready. I waited to get Taiger dressed until closer to time to leave. About half an hour before time to go, I went in to the livingroom and told Taiger it was time to get dressed. "I don't want to go."
"Come on, it will be fun!"
"It is boring. I can't watch tv or do anything. I just have to sit there and listen, like this" and he sat really still, not blinking.
And then I did the unthinkable. "Okay," I replied.
I went into the bedroom.
I took off my skirt.
I put on my pijama pants and a sweatshirt (I was freezing from wearing my skirt and blouse all morning).
I was overwhelmed with a guilt I couldn't shake.
I went back in to the livingroom and told Taiger I was going to study and to come get me if he needed me. He was already glued to a ninten*do game and only barely nodded his reply.

"World's Worst Mom award for 2011 goes to....BRECLYN EVERETT!!" Does this crown look as good on me this year as it did last?

1 comment:

Shannon Dooley said...

Haha! That's funny! All that time & planning for nothing, lol. Don't worry, I chose to sleep in yesterday & skip church as well. Isn't there a verse in the Bible somewhere saying that's ok on Super Bowl Sunday? ;)