Header

Header

Thursday, February 4, 2010

OPERATION: LOVE

So, we started this little project. I have changed the name from a "project" to
OPERATION: LOVE.

Our volunteer group, Sixteen Small Stones, is collecting Valentines to send to the orphans we help. My friend, Blake, came up with this idea, and I think it is amazing!


I can't imagine the feelings these children must have...the feeling of being all alone in this big world, the feeling, maybe, that there is no one who cares about them. What kind of hope and joy might a single note bring? What kind of comfort, to think someone out there even KNOWS about them?

We will be sending the Valentines to four different places. We will send them to all 19 girls living under Katie's roof (including Katie the young woman who helps her) in Uganda, Africa, to the children at Luckyhill Orphanage and King's School in Ghana, Africa, the Haitian orphans living at Foyer Coin Dex Cieux orphan home in Haiti, and to the children at Bethel Foster Home (home and school for blind children) in Beijing, China.


What does this all mean? It means we need approximately 800 Valentines.


Yes. EIGHT HUNDRED.

That's a lot of Valentines.

Will you PLEASE help?

Visit sixteensmallstones.blogspot.com for more information.

3 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

I love what your doing and very much appreciate it. With us putting together all that it takes to send off our dossier and I600A and pkgs to our kids it keeps from being able to financially help like I would like to. I am sorry. I hope you are able to achieve your goals. I think it will mean the world to the kids. Thanks Tanya

MommyBrec said...

Tanya,

You are a true angel. I cannot believe you even WROTE this note! Tanya, you are doing SO MUCH to serve and love others, and the children...to help other parents who are adopting...I only wish I were able to do what you are doing! We are both doing what we can, and we are serving in different aspects of the same main goal...TO LOVE! Thank you so much for all you do for others and for the group. You are an amazing person.

Breclyn

Gabi Dickinson said...

This is one of the most beautiful ways of ministering to orphans that I've ever heard of. Will you be doing this next year? I'd love to help!
P.S. For some reason I just discovered you had TWO blogs today, hence the crazy amount of comments. Please forgive me!