Header

Header

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

With God, NOTHING is impossible.

I love the feeling I get when someone challenges one of my great dreams or goals. My best friend, GaoFei, is the one who most often does this. He thinks I will never open my orphanage, and when he says such things, I smile one side of my mouth because I know something he doesn't know. I am sure my eyes twinkle. I think it must be how a magician feels when he says he will make something disappear and someone in the audience shakes as if to say, "No, you won't". The magician knows the trick, the secret, and that he CAN do what the observer believes he cannot. This is how I feel when GaoFei says I will not open my orphanage. This is because I know the trick. I have something up my sleeve, so to speak. He doesn't know what I know. God has instructed me to open an orphanage. I know that with God, NOTHING is impossible. NOTHING! If I did not have this knowledge, I, too, would be shaking my head. Since I do know this was a commandment of God, and that He "giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which He hath commanded them", I have the privilege of being able to look past the odds, the trials, the road blocks, the red tape, and keep my eye single to God and His desire. I have faith that if I do this, I will fulfill His commandment and build an orphan home in China. No, I don't know how. Fortunately, that is not for me to worry about. God knows how to do this, so I will do as He says and the orphan home will be built.

My boyfriend does not want to move to China. This presents a new kind of problem than that which I have faced up 'til now.

My boyfriend also does not want me to go to Africa next summer. This, I too will do. I will go to Ghana. I will help build the safe home for the older girls at Luckyhill Orphan Home.

No comments: