Header

Header

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

As you know, today is Memorial Day. And if you have read my blog since last year (poor soul ;) ), you will remember how much I love soldiers. NOT LIKE THAT...(okay, like "that", too), but in a deeply appreciative way. I hold them in such high regard, and with such deep respect. If there are any soldiers out there reading my blog, I want to say a heartfelt THANK YOU, so much, for our freedom, for your bravery. If you are the family member of a soldier, thank you for your bravery, too, and your sacrifice. My friend, Blake, wrote a wonderful blog post today, and I would recommend you hop over here and read it, too. It was really thoughtful and touching.


My Grandpa Everett was a soldier and I used to love hearing his war stories. He taught me to respect and admire soldiers, and everyone who serves our country. I miss him today. His heart. His bravery. His respect for America. His smile.






1 comment:

***megan*** said...

what a great photo of your grandpa!!! i, too, have such gratitude for our service men and women. it is so important that we pass that respect on to our kids.