Header

Header

Friday, June 25, 2010

Update! 18 Days

A quick update about life right now.






CRAZY.






The end.






No, I am just kidding. I will give you more details than that! (C'mon, it's me! I LOOOOVE to talk!)






We are moving out tomorrow. To where is still undetermined. Either to the warehouse, or to Bryttan's fiance's house. Either way, we probably aren't heading to Idaho to live. I am glad, but I was also looking forward to a camping trip or two before we leave for China. Oh well.






Taiger and I have our tickets for China! No kidding! Still haven't applied for our Visas, but oh well. Procrastination is my middle name. Not that I am TRYING to put it off...it just isn't coming together. Trying to find somewhere cheaper than the agency I have used in the past.



That's me in Haikou...in the future...or at least what I hope it will be like (yeah, right! Where is this woman's child?!)


So, are you just DYING to know when we leave?! Okay, I will tell you. We will leave for L. A. on July 14. We will stay there for two days and visit some of my BEST friends, who I have not seen in YEARS. (I really am excited to see them again!) Then, late at night on the 16th we fly out for China! Yes, really. I know, right? THAT soon. Am I nervous? Nah.






Okay, that was a lie. I am nervous. In fact, I may go as far as to say I am TOTALLY freaked out.






Oh well.






Today, a guy who is currently studying at the school I will be attending in China emailed me and told me one of the NICEST dorm rooms on campus is up for grabs! It looks like Taiger and I will be taking it. I was so thankful that he thought of me and offered it to me, even though I am SURE there are others who would have LOVED to have that nice of a room. (The guy who had it before waited a YEAR to have that room! He has been there a year but was offered a job elsewhere, so he has to leave it behind...FOR ME!) It is smaller than I had planned on getting, but I think we can make it work. Studio apartment, so no separate room for Taiger as I had wanted. But we take what we can get. Beggars can't be choosers. Besides, if we take this place, I won't have to go house-hunting, which is hard enough in America and I cannot IMAGINE how it would have been in a new country, AND I won't have to go shopping for new appliances as this guy is selling all of his and we are buying it, too. The one thing we won't have that I will maybe want to get a couch or chair or something, but all in good time. :) We will first see if something like that would even FIT in the room! (I am not exaggerating here, people...the room really is rather small and it really may not fit another piece of furniture.) The pictures I received of the room are great and I think we will be happy there! I want to show you pictures, but as we don't live there yet, I don't think I should post them. Besides, then you won't have the maiden viewing of the house with Taiger's and my "stuff" there to make it look "good" (that is a joke...you know it will be a disaster with toys and books and piles of papers everywhere).






So, that is our update. I am busy trying to stay calm and not be too freaked out about leaving. I keep asking myself, "What the HECK am I DOING?!?!?!?!?!" And I am STILL waiting for myself to answer me.

2 comments:

scooping it up said...

you are one brave woman. i really admire you to pieces. congrats on your place - it is way easier than looking for sure. if you don't love it after 6 months, you will have a much better idea of how to go about finding a new place after having been there,right?

thinking of you, you adventurer.

Shannon Dooley said...

Oh my gosh! I am soooo excited for you! I agree with Staci, you are BRAVE! I would be freaking out. Your post made me giggle so much. You are too funny. You crack me up. I can't wait to follow your China adventure on your blog. Fun fun fun! I bet Taiger is stoked! Keep us posted & best of luck! Love ya!