Header

Header

Monday, March 8, 2010

Rambling

SO much has been going on in my life! I take pictures with the intent of posting them here...and then life happens and I don't blog at all! I am sorry!



Most of the major things I am doing right now have to do with projects for Sixteen Small Stones. I have posted more on that blog. We are involved right now with getting the LRA Disarmament And Northern Uganda Recovery Act bill passed. Lots of prayers and fasting going right now toward that.



We are also doing a really great project right now, "Operation: Warm Blankets". We are collecting blankets to send the the severely malnourished children in the nutrition program in Uganada.



These "Operations" have been taking it out of me, so to speak. I LOVE doing them! I get really excited about them! However, it is hard when no one donates. It makes me sad. It makes me angry. I don't know why people don't help. I am not a good writer...maybe I don't make readers WANT to help. Maybe it is the economy. Maybe people don't know about the projects. I don't know. Whatever the reason, it is difficult when few people help. Operation: LOVE was a HUGE success! SO many Valentines came in! It lifted my heart and inspired me to do more!

Operation: 100 Families was a stuggle. Not many people donated. The few that did, however, were LIFE SAVERS, and we were able to donate much needed supplies.

So far, no one has donated to Operation: Warm Blankets...and I don't know why. It seemed like the kind of operation with which people would have an easy time being involved...no money needs to be donated (people have a difficult time donation MONEY, but donating items seems to be easier to swollow), and it seems like people ALWAYS have one or two extra blankets sitting around that they never seem to use, but don't want to just throw away, so would be good to donate.

So why? What am I doing wrong?

I have lots of kids who need help...how can I help them?

I guess the real issue isn't about these operations.

You see, it was my PLAN to organize Sixteen Small Stones, and have a well functioning orginization established before I left for China. I wanted to have at least a few people who consistantly were involved...either donating to or spreading the word about our Operations. In that way, once I live in China, if a great need presents itself, I will have the support to collect items or financial aid to do what I can. For instance, when I was in China before, a man needed to go to the hospital. It would have been great to have doners who would help pay for at least the taxi ride to the hospital and maybe an initial evaluation. Also, there was a Mom and three children who lived on the streets in China. It would have been nice to be able to give them blankets to warm them against the cold. I know I can't give every homeless person a home, and ever starving child a meal...but to be able to do a few small things would be nice. And that is what I wanted to have Sixteen Small Stones prepared for.

By the way these Operations are going, none of that is going to happen, and I will have to face the trial of living in China again with no way to help those reaching to me for aid.

I keep praying. God has a plan. He knows what is best. He will not leave those people abandoned...He will come to them, even if it is not by my hands.

Sorry this blog is so full of rambling...I just have needed to get this out for a while, and for some reason it came out today. Thank you for listening.

3 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

I've said it before & I'll say it again... YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE WOMAN! You have the most beautiful heart out of anyone I know.

scooping it up said...

Just found your blog through a lot of hopping around. I just wanted to give you a massive high five for adopting as a single LDS woman. My hubs and are adopting frmo Ethiopia and I've met a lot of single adoptive mamas in the process and I have so much love and respect for you. (fellow LDS-er)

Gabi Dickinson said...

He'll provide.
With Him, there is always more than enough. There is never lack in His heart.
I promise.