Header

Header

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Three Amazing Multimedia Musts!

I have experienced amazing multimedia as of late. Here are my three most beloved:

1.) As touching, real-life, imagination-set movies go, this one takes the cake! "Phoebe In Wonderland" is as real as it is full of imagination. This movie follows a young girl as she suffers every day with something undiagnosed in the first of the movie, so I won't say here and spoil it. The main character, Phoebe, spends much of her time drifting into her imagination, something that sooths the side-effects of her condition. This picture is from one of my favorite moments on the movie. Phoebe is in the throws of her illness, and you can really feel her suffering, when suddenly, her little sister comes to her side and goes through the motions of her suffering with her. This part made me want to cry. In that moment of pure lonliness and suffering, Phoebe wasn't alone.


2.) I am reading an inspiring and amazing book called, "Three Cups Of Tea". It follows a young mountaineer and climber as he attempts to build a school in Pakistan. I haven't finished the book yet, so I don't know the outcome for sure. This book is absolutely wonderful!! It inspires me on my quest to build my safe home and feeding program in China. ANYTHING is possible!

3.) Last night, Jeremy and I finished watching "Nosferatu", a silent horror film. I have seen several silent-films, and the acting is more entertaining than believeable. This one is no different, save for a couple of actors, one being the main character. It seems more like he really IS Nosferatu, rather than someone acting a part. Nosferatu is a vampire, and he is the scariest I have ever seen (and I have watched my fair-share of Vampire movies, and I am not talking about Edward Cullen). Nosferatu is a must-see for Halloween haunting!

1 comment:

Lois said...

Hi sweetie! Just catching up on you guys. Looks like life is treating you well, and you deserve it :)