Header

Header

Monday, September 14, 2009

Scott

Sorry I haven't been up-to-date with blogging. Things have been a bit busy around here!

First of all, I was almost the first casualty of this semester. Really. We had a "quiz" that was more like a full on comprehensive final exam. I almost died, I was so scared and so worried! However, I lived through that battle. Only time will tell the damage done, but for now, I am just happy it is over. Another push boy our military (aka, another quiz) coming soon, so I am told.

By way of GREAT news!...I finally bought my camera!! It is the one I found about a month ago, but it hadn't been released for sale yet. However, I went to Inkley's to talk to them about it, and the sales man with whom I spoke must have been working on commission (DUH!) because he told me that would be a horrible camera. I left the store that day almost in tears. If the only "good" camera was the one over a thousand dollars, I, quite literally, would NEVER get my camera!! I searched online for one used, but there wasn't much offered, and the one I found was junk. Anyway, it was a long, sad month before I decided I would get the one I wanted, regardless of what others said! So...I bought it! And I LOVE it! I carry it with me everywhere! I have taken close to a thousand pictures in the three days since I bought it. It is the BEST camera...the perfect camera for me!!

One a side note...I always name my electronics, especially those that are VERY important to me! I didn't really TRY and come up with a name for my new camera, it just came to me.

For years, I have known I would marry someone with an "S" in his name. I could picture the man I would marry. I knew his hair and eye color, his disposition, that he wore glasses...I have "known" this man since I was about 19 years old. I always thought his name would be Scott. When I was little, I had a friend named Scott...not a best friend, or even a really close friend, just a friend. I thought maybe that is why the name sounded...familiar...comfortable. I knew the man I would marry would have the first letter of "S", and Scott seemed like it might be the name. I dated Simon, and wondered if he was my Mr. S. I haven't dated any other guys whose name began with "S", but I knew he was out there.

Then, I met Jeremy. Mr. No-S. And I fell in love with him. I could see myself marrying him, if I were open to that kind of thing.

So, reality circles like a vulture. It is possible that my Mr. Right is NOT Mr. S. Well, I had spent so many years dreaming of Scott that I couldn't just let this man go!

Aside from that, Scott was my DREAM man! In my mind, we travelled the world with our children. Always in my imagination, we were on an airplane heading somewhere. Scott is a little too serious for me, really, but he smiles easily. As our blond daughters bound excitedly around the airplane (I am sure driving other passengers CRAZY), their long curls a-bouncing, Scott looks at me over his glasses and smiles. I am a well put together Mother, living happily, and with a lot of love. In no ways am I fickle or giddy. I am not a business woman, nor am I a stay-at-home Mom. I am just the woman on the plane, with my husband, Scott, and my kids...and I am EXACTLY who I always dreamed I would be.

Sometimes, reality seems more cruel than at other times. I haven't yet accepted REALITY'S ideas for my life. I still cling to my dreams with childish abandon. I may even make them come true just to postpone having to let them go. I cling to my dreams, my visions of life, with bleeding nails. But the other day, as I thought of my camera, I realized something. He may be the only Scott I have, the only one I "end up" with.

So, Scott it is.

When I bought the camera, I wasn't sure about that name. It doesn't look much like a Scott. Besides, I don't really even like that name all that much. But there is no changing it. I couldn't bear to name him anything else. This is the only Scott I may ever have.

So....anyway! Back to the topic at hand!

Taiger was still in Idaho when I bought Scott, but he returned home just as Scott's battery was completing it's fist charge. I was so excited to start snapping pictures! BUT apparently, I have a miniature photographer on my hands! Taiger was almost more excited than I!!!!! He is the one who really too Scott on his maiden voyage! Taiger is quite the little photographer! He snapped many pictures that first night. I explained that he should take pictures of things that are important to him. So, he took pictures of his Binky, his play dough, and of Jeremy. He took pictures of Jeremy and I together, and after a few shots, said to us, "Okay, now make a funny face!" Continuous Shooting mode is the BEST, by the way! It made it really easy for Taiger to work! Taiger can also use the zoom, which, being as Scott is a rather professional type camera, and not just a "point-and-shoot" it requires more coordination that pushing a button with a plus symbol on it. Needless to say, I am one proud Mama! Watching Taiger handle and work with the camera warmed my heart. My Little Photographer!

So...I will post some pictures of our first days with Scott soon!!

No comments: