Header

Header

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Small Stones, a carnival, and Taiger sees someone who looks like him!

I haven't posted on here in SO long! That is mainly due to the fact that I have been posting more on my other blog, sixteensmallstones.blogspot.com. I am really, really excited about the things happening with Sixteen Small Stones! If you want to hear more, hop on over to that blog! If you want to be involved with SSS, just let me know! We have a WAY fun fundraiser we are organizing, and we have some projects in the works, too! I can't wait to get things started, but I am also really curious to see who we bring on board with SSS. If you want to be involved in any way, let me know! Even if just ONE time. I am looking for board members, but just as much, we are looking for people who would be interested in reading news letters about what we are doing, or donating money or items as a one-time thing, or helping with our fundraising projects (that are going to be FUN, not tedious or involving just asking random people for money, or something!) or helping me keep things organized, helping to get our NGO status...there is a LOT to be done, and ANYONE who wants to can (PLEASE) help (I REALLY NEED IT!).

Aside from Small Stones, things are going well for Taiger and me. I hope to have more time to post and to post some pictures. I have taken TONS, but it always takes time to upload them, so I haven't been getting around to it. I promise I will soon, though.

We went to the Sugarhouse carnival last week. Boy, was that ever fun! We got there at the end, but were still able to participate in all of the things Taiger wanted to do! The BEST part was the 25 cent cotton candy! YES! Only 25 cents!!!!! Needless to say, we stocked up! Also needless to say, the line was a MILE long! Jeremy was so nice and stood in line for us while I took Taiger to do the other activities. By the time we got to the front of the cotton candy line, most of the booths were down and they were cleaning up! Thank Heaven for Jeremy! If Taiger and I had had to stay in line the entire time, Taiger would have missed the entire carnival!

The other day while I was at work, a little boy who was African/African American...(can I just say he was BLACK or is that considered a no-no?) walked by our house with his parents. Taiger came running in the house shouting for Bryttan to come see! As Bryttan rushed outside wondering what was causing all of the excitement, Taiger exclaimed excitedly, "See that boy? He is black like me! His lips are like mine, and his hair is like mine, too!"

1 comment:

Megan and Vinny said...

taiger is lovely. i don't think saying black is a no-no. after all, couldn't the black person actually be hatian-american, so african-american doesn't really work. and i am not welsh-american. i am white. and we are ALL american. that's the beauty! just my two little old pennies. breclyn, i adore you and the enthusiasm you have.